What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
– To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Which cookies do we use exactly?
Other than the astonishingly high amount of actual cookies we eat while maintaining the site, here are the following list of cookie files we use:
- Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of site visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the site and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our site works, for example by making sure users find the right content easily. Click here for more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of GA cookies.
- Google Adsense and Google Analytics cookies: Google uses persistent advertising cookies (up to two years) in connection with Google advertising on our site to serve ads to you based on your visits to this and other websites and for various other purposes. Click here for more information and to opt out of Google’s advertising cookies.
- Third Party advertiser cookies: As do many other sites, we use third party advertisers and/or internet advertising companies working for them to fill ad space on our site. These third parties may use persistent cookies (generally up to two years) and other similar technologies (known as action tags, single pixel gifs and web beacons) to assess information about your visits to this and other sites. This is so they can track the effectiveness of their campaigns (including whether these advertisements are clicked on or viewed by users and later purchases by such users), avoid and display advertisements on this and other sites tailored to your preferences. We do not have any access to or control over these third party technologies.
- Twitter Cookies Twitter places persistent cookies (up to two years) to facilitate tweets relating to our site. Click here for more information.
- Cookie Choice cookie: This cookie takes note of whether you are happy to accept cookies on this website based on your response to the message which appeared when you first visited the site. This persistent cookie will remember your preference for up to two years.
By continuing to use our site, having seen our cookie notice, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on June 29th, 2018.